Monday, April 28, 2008

Branson Retreat

What a great group of women from Tulsa! We met together in Branson, MO in April 2008 to experience "The Intentional Woman Finds Relief" in an intimate setting. Then Women's Ministry Director, Christy Thornton, and several others read and "played" through The Relief of Imperfection and the "Relief Guides" during the summer months.

Comments following:
  • "A read-again book”
  • "This book was liberating”
  • " It helped me to accept my own failures and mistakes, and to realize that others do too”
  • “I have such high expectations of myself. This book helped me to go easier on myself.”
  • The Lord ministered to me through "The Relief of Imperfect Churches and Culture section." I was reminded once again about the power and priority of forgiveness. When I choose to forgive through Christ’s strength, I am truly liberated. Thank you for that reminder!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which one of the Branson hotels did you stay at for the retreat? I'm looking around for a good place for my church to go to.

Joan C. Webb said...

Hi Devona,
There are lots of hotel/lodging possibilities in Branson, aren't there? The one the sponsoring Tulsa church chose is Radisson Hotel Branson. It's on the list you highlighted in your post. Hope you have a great retreat. Where are you from?
Relief blessings,
Joan