Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"Imperfectionistic Blunders!"

Today I read my friend, Author Mary Pierce's BLOG at http://www.laughlady.com/. I always LOL on Tuesdays because that's the day Mary (When Did My Life Become a Game of Twister?) writes her Blah! Blah! Blah! BLOG. This morning her entry was titled "The 1% Solution."


"Last January, I set three major goals for 2007. . ." writes Mary. "I missed each goal by–you guessed it–100%. HA! . . . [So] I’m changing my approach; I call it The 1% Solution. Here’s how it works:
Today, I’ll exercise 1% more than I did yesterday. Yesterday my only exercise was beating around the bush and jumping to conclusions. Today I’ll take a five-minute walk. . . . Then I’ll throw myself a little party. . . Woo-hoo!"

And I decided to respond to her blog, even though I've never done it before. I typed, "Fun stuff and reasonable idea—that Laugh Lady’s 1% plan! I just typed in a witty reply to your blog, but made a mistake and lost it all. Bummer. Oh, well, sounds like a little 'Relief of Imperfeciton' for me today." Comment by joancwebb — January 8, 2008 @ 11:02 pm

THEN I SAW IT! YIKES! So I wrote another entry to the blog. "Oops! I re-read the comments I just posted and I realize I’m having trouble spelling the title of my new book. (Hey, give me a break–typing comments on blogs is NEW to me!) Anyway, the word 'Imperfection' is not spelled 'Imperfeciton.' The title of the book isThe Relief of Imperfection: For Women Who Try Too Hard to Make It Just Right. And well, the truth is, I’ve made several 'imperfectionistic' blunders today and I’m still standing and smiling.


"Just for the record, in addition to the two I've mentioned above, I forgot to get my husband’s boarding pass online as I promised I would. Now he’ll probably have to sit at the “back of the bus” on his flight from Phoenix to Little Rock! Double bummer. It reminds of the Laugh Lady’s 1%. Mary writes that she can’t do everything [just right], so she is going to make a 1% shift in the right direction.

And I did, too. I said, “I’m really sorry, Richard.” And since I’m not down on myself tonight, it is reason enough to join Mary, the Laugh Lady, in a "Woo-Hoo!"

The 1% Solution works! And by the way, so does The Relief of Imperfection! Try it! I think you might like it! Go to http://www.amazon.com/ and type The Relief of Imperfection in the "search." Also, go to http://www.reliefofimperfection.com/ and write me an email under the CONTACT US menu. I'll enter your email into my January FREE BOOK DRAWING. Maybe you'll be a winner like Linda Christ. (See the recent posting.)

Relief blessings to you this January 2008!

No comments: